Among the most luxurious and romantic of pairings is a Guylian Artisanal Belgian Chocolate and a glass of fine wine. Explore pairing different varietals with the chocolate until you find the perfect complement to enhance Guylian's purely decadent white, milk and dark chocolate shell and the luxuriously creamy chocolate truffle filling.
The best tasting experiences will come from pairing wines that are at least as sweet or sweeter than the chocolate. Bigger, more tannic wines will provide more of a tasting adventure as you search for the perfect pairing for both the chocolate and the wine. When you find that perfect match, you will be rewarded with luxurious decadence.
Explore some of our favourites by tasting Guylian with dessert wines like Port, Madeira, Muscat/Moscato, and Banyuls.
Sparkling Wines and Champagne is the most romantic combination with Belgian chocolate. This indulgent pairing will transport you to bliss as the decadent Guylian truffles blend with the luxurious wine bubbles.
For the most rewarding tasting experience, savour the wine much like you
would savour our chocolates. First, taste the chocolate letting the flavour linger
on your tongue. Then, take a moment to swirl the wine around in the glass. Inhale the aroma before you take your first sip. Recognize the scents in the wine and imagine how they will harmonize with the chocolate. As you take your first sip, let the wine move around your mouth. Acknowledge the flavours that are brought out with the wine from the first sip to after you have swallowed. How does the taste of the wine change with the Guylian chocolate? How is Guylian chocolate enhanced by the wine?
Have a tasting party where you can experiment with friends and together discover the wines that pair perfectly with Guylian's signature, luxuriously creamy chocolate truffles.
Many beers pair well with a good quality chocolate, especially those containing pure dark chocolate. Guylian's signature chocolate truffle filling is crafted with roasted and caramelized Mediterranean Hazelnuts, making several craft-brewed beer varietals a delightful match. As you taste a specialty beer with your Guylian Belgian Chocolate, appreciate the malted or nutty notes that the beer and the chocolate often share. Here are some of our favorite pairings:
- Porters and Stouts are made from darkly roasted barley or highly toasted malts giving them a roasted, and sometimes coffee-like flavor. These roasted notes offer the perfect complement to the smooth roasted and caramelized hazelnut in Guylian chocolates.
- Belgian-style ales offer fruity and spicy flavours and aromas that pair beautifully with Guylian, not to mention the authentic Belgian heritage we have in common. When tasting Belgian Ales with Guylian, distinguish between the sweet and fruity flavours like peach, apple and apricot and the subtle spicy notes like cinnamon, nutmeg and clove. Discover how each of these undertones can bring out the distinctive flavours in the chocolate.
Gourmet Coffee & Espresso
A naturally inviting duo is that of a fresh roasted cup of coffee and a Guylian Artisanal Belgian Chocolate. You certainly don't want to rush as you take a moment to appreciate all of the aromas and flavours the coffee has to offer. Try combining a sip of coffee with a bite of chocolate. Let the flavours of the two meld together in your mouth and take a moment to fully savour the complex new flavour that emerges.
Each type of coffee or espresso drink offers a different level of intensity and balance. Experiment with them to find the perfect coffee pairing.
For a truly intricate taste experience, try these irresistible pairings:
- Dark Roast Indonesian, Guatemalan or Sumatran varieties
- Espresso drinks like cappuccinos, café lattes and Ristrettos
- A Hazelnut Roast will delicately enhance the flavour of the Mediterranean Hazelnuts in Guylian's signature truffle filling
Make yourself an indulgent Guylian Belgian Mocha by melting a Guylian Artisanal Belgian Chocolate into your espresso drink. Top with whip cream for a super indulgent escape.
Whatever your favourite coffee pairing, a Guylian Coffee Break is sure to become your secret indulgent escape.
Specialty, Gourmet Tea
The marriage of chocolate and specialty tea brings forward many new exciting taste experiences. This indulgent pairing really allows the nuances of the chocolate and the teas to be highlighted. As the hot tea blends with the Guylian chocolate on the palate, the chocolate melts into a luxuriously creamy decadence that engulfs the palate with a concert of flavours.
Specialty teas make for an exciting pairing as there are so many different types and flavours. Invite a few friends over for a Guylian Tea Tasting party and you will surely find many pairing favourites.
Some of the most exciting pairings will come from black teas and black tea blends, oolongs, Rooibos red teas, and stronger flavoured herbal teas. Lighter, more delicate green teas and herbal teas won't perform as well when pairing with the rich and decadent Guylian Belgian chocolate.
Consider some of these pairings as you journey to find the perfect Guylian Tea Break.
- English Breakfast Tea, a rich & robust black tea with a malty character that comes from Assam and Kenyan tea leaves, brings out the roasted and caramelized notes of Guylian's chocolate hazelnut truffle filling.
- Irish Breakfast Tea, a strong, full-bodied black tea from Ceylon and Assam, will also accentuate Guylian's signature truffle filling.
- Assam tea from North East India, a rich and strong, deep-amber tea, will highlight the decadent flavors of Guylian's 100% pure Belgian chocolates.
- Earl Grey tea, a fine black tea with the citrus fruit flavor of bergamot, accents the sweet notes in the chocolates for a luxuriously creamy escape.
- Flavoured Black Teas, black teas with fruit or spice combinations, pair nicely with Guylian. The fruity black teas, like raspberry, Pomegranate, or Vanilla, will work better with Guylian Extra Dark Chocolate Truffles. This indulgent pairing will give you a taste sensation reminiscent of juicy fruits dipped in decadently rich chocolate.
- Darjeeling, a light delicate golden black tea that is often referred to as the 'Champagne of teas', will bring out the delicately creamy taste of Guylian's white Belgian chocolate.
- Pairing Guylian with a Chai Tea will allow this tea's flavours to become more pronounced, with a luxuriously creamy framing. The Guylian chocolate truffle filling amplifies the cinnamon and spice notes, while the Extra Dark chocolate truffle filling highlights the cloves in this tea.